Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A dozen things I am thankful for...

(This post was meant for Tuesday evening. While typing it out, I fell asleep in the couch, it had been a very long day! haha)

Wow what a Monday! Today has been one of those days you need a gallon of coffee, a long cry into your pillow and a big hug all to just get through it.

I pretty much begged my friends on Facebook to pray hard for me. I felt weak, tired, stressed... It has been a long rough day!
Thankfully with help from my praying friends my afternoon/evening got much much better!
I knew I wanted/needed to post tonight but wasn't sure what about... I have a long list of posts I plan to write on but none of those I really felt like thinking out right now.
The idea for the dozen things I am thankful for came from the blog Biblical Homemaking.

So with all that said here is my list.

(in no particular order)

- My husband being home! He normally is out of work by 5 but tonight had to work until 9!! It's just not normal for Logan and I to eat dinner together or just be home at night while it is dark out just us. It was rather lonely :( But not the Hubs is home and I am oh so happy! I miss him so much when he is gone :(

- No doggy accidents since 1 pm!! praise to God!

- For a sweet little boy who kisses my hand randomly like a prince. Who gets the door for me when my hands are full. Who tells me I am pretty and special and his best friend. He is such a sweetheart!

- For coffee on days like today :)

- For snow melting and grass poking through!

- For the few hours before bed my Husband and I have after putting our son to bed. The house is quiet, we can relax, watch our favorite shows or play board games. I just love that time to relax :)

- For our washer being fixed! oh what a blessing! It has been about a month.

- For fleece sheets that feel oh so nice to climb in bed and cozy up in.

- For my crockpot. It makes my job as a Mom a little bit easier. Days that are crazy and hard, knowing that dinner is already taken care of is so nice!

- For our new shower head. It's a rain head and is just so lovely.

- For Gods word. It helps me get through the day. On days that I don't take the time out to sit and study and absorb, those days I am very much reminded why I need it so badly.

- For my prayer journal. I got the idea of a prayer journal (actually journal style) from Courtney at Women Living Well. I put my confessions of things I have done and need to work on in there ( wow isn't that part hard to write!) I have my prayer list, Praise list, verses from my devotions and more! Since starting my prayer journal I have really been able to see how many prayers really do get answered and how much I have to be thankful for.

So these are my Dozen things I am thankful for right now. What are yours?






No comments:

Post a Comment