Saturday, February 2, 2013

Spring Cleaning

OK, so I know it's only February barely but once Christmas is over and your house has gotten cluttered with gifts, the house is dustier or more unorganized than normal because you have been too busy with the holidays to worry about it, I don't know about you but once January gets here I am ready for a clean out. The weather had become unseasonably warm this past week it is now back to freezing ...*sadness* so it has put me in the spring cleaning mood. I like to clean... I know I know I am a weirdo! But I love the feeling of accomplishment, the way everything is neat and in it's place. I feel so much more relaxed.
So for the past week I have gotten 3 closets, our office area and my sons toy box completely re-organized and deep cleaned! ya :) I also am cleaning my parents in laws home for them and have gotten the entire kitchen and half the living room done... yup, I have been pretty busy!... and tired!

Here is my complete Spring Cleaning to-do list for 2013
with some home repairs we need to get done as well.

(side note: my list might seem small but I try to keep up with a lot of the typical deep cleaning through out the year as well as trying my best not to have cluttered drawers)

Bathroom:

(Repairs) 

Repaint walls- a paint that holds up better to moisture
Paint trim
Replace trim around tub
Hook up washer and dryer
Line cabinet shelves

(Cleaning)

Deep clean tub
Clean behind toilet
Dust window frame
Wash window

Living Room:

(Repairs) 

Touch up wall paint
Touch up trim
Fix minor holes in walls
Add outlet to office area
Add screen to window

(Cleaning)

Dust corners near ceiling
Dust tv area and office area
Vacuum under couch and under cushions
Dust all picture frames
Carpet clean floors

Kitchen:

(Repairs) 

Paint new cabinet area
Add counter top to new area
Touch up trim paint
Touch up wall paint

(Cleaning)

Clean under cabinet area
Deep clean fridge (behind the fridge as well)
Add shelf liners

Hallway/Entry:

(Repairs) 

Replace trim around entry door
Repaint walls
Add large hooks to coat area

(Cleaning)

Deep Clean all winter coats, boots etc.
Wash windows
Carpet Clean floors

Master Bedroom and My Son's bedroom:

Clean windows
MB- Touch up wall paint
Carpet Clean floors
LR- Repaint, paint trim, add double bed,add bookshelf


I would also like to fix up our back stairway leading to my husbands work shop and a small grassy area outside. I want to use that for our outdoor eating/ grill area.

My husbands work shop needs to be organized and cleaned.

Our car needs deep cleaning.

Our little porch area: plant flowers and a herb garden, spray paint light black.




I am hoping to have this all done by March. :) So when do you start your spring cleaning? Leave a comment below :)














6 comments:

  1. Hello, visiting from Lessons from Ivy! This post was motivating, but I definitely won't be getting much deep cleaning done till spring, as I am expecting my 4th baby next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how organized your list is. I need to get started on mine. With an infant in the house it's a challenge but it can be done! Thanks for Sharing :)
    -shhh-mommy's thinking out loud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two years ago, the children and I spring-cleaned our entire house in one week! (And I blogged about it). Last year, some online friends joined me through 31 days to clean, which took us two months. We decided we like getting it all done QUICKLY. February is a GREAT time to begin, because life is most quiet for our family during this month (not totally quiet, but less busy than any other month). So we've begun. So far we've gotten the kitchen and living rooms finished (one day each). In case you are wondering how we are able to get it all done in a short amount of time, 1) our house is very small (3 bedrooms, 1 bath, eat-in kitchen and a tiny mudroom) and 2) we have a LOT of children (9 still at home). Makes for a GREAT combination for getting it all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on baby number 4 Del :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amanda :) I am a big list person. Having young children in the house makes deep cleaning much harder that's for sure! With a 3 year old and now a dog it does take me longer then I would like but your right it can be done :) good luck with your Spring Cleaning to- do's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Cheryl way to go! I too have a small home so I usually can get a room done in a day, maybe two. My little boy loves helping. I am a big believer in getting the kids to help out and making it fun :) I am heading over to your blog now to take a look at your Spring Cleaning posts :) I like seeing how others clean maybe get some tips or inspiration to add to what I am doing :)

    ReplyDelete