Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The healthy brownie vs. the good ones


I don't eat all that healthy, its true I will admit it. I would love to say I can keep myself from sweets (before becoming pregnant I could... now?...that's laughable!) People have said "well if you eat the junk foods in moderation and not too often whats the big deal?" well, that works for some but for me, I like to snack and if its in the house I will snack at night on it. As of late I am turning a new leaf...I want to be healthy, have more energy just feel better. I want to teach my son to eat better.
So I have been trying to find new recipes. One I came across today for brownies caught my eye so I thought I would give it a try...I did but half way through mixing it up realized I didn't have all the ingredients I needed so I kinda made up my own as I went along. I have to say it came out pretty good. :)
Very chocolate, fixes the sweet tooth and I feel better knowing I am eating better whats not to like?

Recipe for Healthy Brownies

1/2 cup Flour (I used Unbleached)
2 Tbl Unsweetened Cocoa
1/4 tsp. Baking soda
Sift together in a bowl

In separate bowl Melt 6 tbl cocoa with 1 tbl. Real Butter
add
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 lg egg
1 egg white
6 tbl applesauce ( I used baby food applesauce)
1 tsp Vanilla

cook at 350 for 24 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment