Friday, November 12, 2010

Where is our heart?

Jesus said, " For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."Luke 12:34
What is my heart focused on? Do you resent the work you do at home and for your family? Where is you treasure? I put so much time each week into my home and in ministry at church and helping my extended family but sometimes feels like it goes unnoticed.
Being a wife and Mother can sometimes be a thankless job.
We need to seek our joy in God not people. Jesus is the joy of our salvation. If we trust in others to make us feel worthy we will at some point be disappointed.
I am learning this. I try too hard at times to " impress" instead of doing the work for the Lord I want to feel appreciated.
Serving others should bring us joy from the depths of our hearts, just for the act of serving not because of the praise we receive.
We need to set our priorities on where God wants them to be.
~
1. God
2. Husband
3. Children
4. Home

I have this printed and in my household notebook to help me remember where my heart and priorities should be set on if I start to get off track. It has helped a a lot.

God should be our #1. We should seek him out daily, pray without ceasing, have a close personal relationship with him.
Our husbands should be our #2 priority. God tells us in his word for husbands to love their wives and wives to love their husbands. Someday when the kids are grown and starting lives of their own, husbands and wives will need each other. Now is the time to build a strong foundation.
Children should be our # 3 priority. We are giving these gifts to raise and we should put all we can into helping them grow. Teaching them from the scriptures and loving them.
Next is the home. Although it is very important to keep a clean organized home it should not come before the husband or children. I have to discipline myself when it comes to this. I tend to spend too much time making sure everything looks perfect when I should be spending that extra time with my family. We are not too forget the housework all together though. God gave us this as our ministry.
We should pray to God to take control over our lives and get our priorities right.

No comments:

Post a Comment