Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet Potato and Chicken Stew


Last week the flu went through my house like a wild fire. We were hit hard with it, and now a week later I am still sick :( Well during this time when we were having chills, achy and stuffed up I thought it would be good for my family to have something for dinner that would be warm and healthy to help fight this sickness and soothing for sore throats.
Soup was an obvious choice.
So I came up with this stew, prayed it would taste OK and started cooking...
I am a throw this and that in kind of cook, writing down measurements for later reference is not my cup of tea ha ha After thinking hard on what I used this is what I came up with....Enjoy!

2 Large Chicken Breasts ( boneless)
1 Large Sweet Potato cut in Large chunks
1 cup of frozen peas
1/2 cup of whole wheat mac. noodles ( for a filler)
2 cans of unsalted tomato sauce
about 6 cups of water to boil chicken
pinch of cinn.
salt and pepper
garlic seasoning ( about 1/2 tsp)

When boiled chicken is cooked add potatoes ( I left pealing on for health benefits )
and peas'
half way through potato cooked add mac. noodles
add rest of ingredients
serve up with some buttered crusty bread and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment