Thursday, August 25, 2011

Learning to go without...


These are the top 5 things my family and I are going to try going without to become more frugal and to save.

1. Soda- this stuff is expensive! Not to mention very unhealthy.
2. Junk food- homemade snacks are much better for you and a lot cheaper.
3. Going out to eat- Fast food can really add up...in price and fat. Unless we have a gift certificate or a free coupon.
4. Christmas- NO we won't not celebrate Christmas but a few presents each and stocking stuffers is our goal this year. The holiday is about our Lord and Savior anyways not about store bought STUFF. I would much rather give homemade or spend time as a family.
5. Movies- going out to see them or renting. With the fall schedule about to begin on TV this one should be easy.

I think we all spend just too much on things we really don't need and honestly I don't think we would miss all that much.



No comments:

Post a Comment