Wednesday, October 19, 2011

meal plan

My two week meal plan...
Its been difficult to plan on a budget this week because the sales just arent happening in the area stores :( but I am pretty certain I will be able to get everything I need for about 40 a week... for a family of three I suppose thats not too much...

Dinners:
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup using leftover roasting chicken and broth
-Sweet and Spicy Chicken Legs
-Stromboni using a whole wheat dough
-Homemade Corn Dogs and Cheese Sticks ( my hubs birthday dinner)
-Homemade Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potato
-Tacos using leftover roasting chicken
-Kabobes with Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Lasagna Bake with Homemade sauce
-Potato and Kalbasa soup
-Breakfast for Dinner
-Crockpot Roasting Chicken with Whole Wheat Rice
-Homemade Nuggets and Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

I am going to try out making my own evap milk.
Each meal will also have veggies or fruit and a starch

Breakfasts:

Cinnamon Raisin Bread ( breadmaker)
PB/Banana Smoothie
Fruit Smoothie with some spinach
Pecan Maple Breakfast Cookies
Banana Bread
Granola with Yogurt

I also want to make homemade strawberry sauce for milk and yogurt

Lunch is usually leftovers or tuna or pb sandwiches.

I might only make a couple of the breakfasts depending on the cost of the ingredients.

My goal is still to keep the costs low and the nutrition value high.

No comments:

Post a Comment