Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Proverbs 31 Wife

I love Proverbs 31. As a semi-newlywed Married 2 years this October I have found this chapter of the Bible to be extremely helpful in teaching me how to be a better wife and now Mom. I have also found online many Bible studies that teach on the Proverbs 31 woman and have learned so much from them. I am still learning every time I read the same verses again and again. I would like to share with you some of what I have learned about being a Virtuous Woman, although I am still a work in progress.

PART 1

"Who can find a Virtuous Woman for her price is far above rubies" Proverbs 31:10

We are not superheros I definitely am not one! I struggle each and everyday trying to get it all done and have time with my Lord and my family. I am a list person, I make one for almost everything. I use to make a to do list for each day so I could get what I needed to done and I would have focus. What I learned was I really cant do it alone no matter how much I plan. I have to pray everyday for God to guide my steps. You know what?...He will, trust me.

A Virtuous Woman is up for anything the Lord gives her. She is not lazy.

Describing the Virtuous Woman: Efficient, Strong, Able, Organized, Ready and with a Meek and Quiet Spirit.

Something I work on daily is to speak softly and practice patience. With a baby now, I dont want him picking up my bad habit of getting over stressed and flustered easily. My prayer is for a calm, quiet attitude.

This verse really touches my heart. Its says " Far above rubies" Rubies are beautiful and worth alot. God thinks we are above that. How wonderful to know how much the Lord loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment