Monday, January 23, 2012

our family vacation

Happy late New Year!
I have been away on our annual family vacation to Florida since the beginning of January and haven't had the chance to post. One of my resolutions for 2012 is to blog more. I always have so much I want to get written down but never take the time to write, this year I want to take that time.
Like I just mentioned the Hubs, Goose ( our son, not his real name ha! ) and I packed up and flew south for some of the winter. For the past two weeks we have been soaking up lots of warm sunshine, swimming, going for nightly walks, spending days at Disney World, going out to eat and just enjoying lots of quality time together. I LOVED IT!
We stayed with my Hubs parents, in a big house they rented. It was lovely and spacious. It was located in a gated resort, very close to everything but looked very secluded.
For the first week we lounged, relax, rejuvenated, did barely a thing besides go out to eat and go for walks or took trips to the resorts playground ( which was a large castle that was super cool and yes I did play on the slides and swings as well and no I don't believe you can be too old)
We seriously just took is easy and honestly I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
The next week we all decided to get tickets to Disney and we ended up getting a 5 day pass. Going day after day to a theme park is VERY exhausting! I enjoyed every second of it but wow didn't I fall asleep quickly at bedtime!
We went to 2 parks with my family in law. 1 park as just a family of 3 and the last one was just a day spend as a couple, just my love and I.
We went to Epcot. Had lots of laughs, a scare ( I got violently attacked by a bird! story for another day) and we got alone time to focus on just each other. It was so very much needed!
We spent most of the day at the world showcase side of Epcot. We had decided to get something from each country to eat, something they are the most well known for.
We ended up not getting something from all of the countries, will probably finish it next time but did at 4 of them.
Fish and Chips at England, a Pretzel at Germany, a Crescent at France, and a Canoli at Italy.
They were all so wonderfully delicious!
On Wednesday of our second week there we took a trip to Cocoa Beach. It is beautiful there! I am deathly afraid of the ocean and was a bit nervous to go but was the one who didn't want to leave when it was time to go. I am a beach person for sure. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Oh how I would love to be there right this moment!
This years family vacation was wonderful, a fun filled relaxing time away.
As much as we loved it though we are happy to be home and I am ready to get back to normal life, something I truly do enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment