Friday, January 28, 2011

Homemade Smoothie


Feeding my family healthy is very important to me.
Last night at dinner I snuck veggies into the spaghetti sauce. Zucchini, Carrots and such. You couldn't tell the difference really with the taste but I knew they were in there and that my family was getting the benefits from them.
This morning for breakfast I made banana, strawberry and apple smoothies.
Very nutritious and healthy. My little boy loved it! He was smacking his lips, and saying " yum yum". Here is the recipe: ( I think next time I will half this because 3 full glasses of it was too much.)

2 Bananas
12 Frozen Strawberries ( you could use fresh but it makes the mix thicker adding them frozen)
1 cup of Apple Juice ( I use all natural, sugar free.)

blend and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo! That sounds DELICIOUS! Will have to give it a try! I LOVE spaghetti with zucchini, carrots, peppers and stuff. Mmmm! Think I need to make some spaghetti soon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya I would prefer spaghetti with all the veggies but Matts not a big vegetable eater :( but he is slowly sort of maybe coming around... ;)

    ReplyDelete