Friday, September 21, 2012

Some Updates and Such

Hi There, Happy Friday! 

What I have been up to: 

~Started my Fall Deep Cleaning this week. This year I decided to try a new approach. Past years I had a long list of to do's and everyday tried my best to get it all done in a week... by the end of that week I was stressed, burnt out and ready for a vacation! Deep cleaning plus raising a toddler and all my church duties thrown in the mix... it became over whelming! So... this year I planned for my deep cleaning to happen over a three week stretch with each day having a set two or three things to do and if I had one harder job then I put a smaller fast one with it. So far this has worked out fantastic!!! My home is getting clean!! Most of these chores can get done before my little one wakes up, and I end up feeling like I have accomplished so much because my to-do list was all checked off instead of having a mile long cleaning list and only being able to cross of one or two things a day.

~I babysat two days this week. I watch two of my nieces who I don't see very often and this gives me the opportunity to spend time with them and my son gets to have some buddies over to play with. I also like that I can help earn some money while still being a stay at home Mom.

~Football season has started! Go Pats :) For the past two Sundays I have been planning out tailgating style meals to enjoy while watching the game. All the Hubs favorites and he has loved it.

What I am watching:

~I would love to say Downton Abbey since it started it's season in the UK but sadly us fans in America must wait... I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show!


~I started the new show Revolution and wow! It was fantastic! Keeps you intrigued and wanted to see the next episode for sure!


~Finished Big Brother and sad Ian won... I do not think he should have... he was pretty much a floater. Dan didn't play the cleanest but he played AMAZING I think.

~19 kids and counting of course and the United Bates of America... but sadly I think the Bates show has ended... not sure why :(

~Rachel Ray's new season premiered on Monday. I think the new setup and look is GREAT! Much more comfy and cozy looking.

What I have been listening to:

~ The little one and I have been listening to classical Christmas on Pandora. I know, I know it's only September but it's classical so most of the time it doesn't sound very Christmassy just peaceful and calming.

~ Everytime we go somewhere in the car as a family we have been listening to Adventures in Odyssey. Such a great show.

What's been cooking in the kitchen:

~ I have been making cookies like a mad woman. I have the most wonderful chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses cornstarch and if you haven't tried a chocolate chip cookie made with cornstarch then you must... seriously you are missing out man! So soft, so chewy, so so gooooood! I have made milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white. Fun!

~Butternut Squash Pie. Tasted so much like pumpkin and very delicious. Easy to make too!

~ Made homemade BBQ sauce the other day... took minutes to whip up and tasted great!

This coming week I will be making... A special date night dinner for the Hubs and I. ( Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon with Risotto.) Pumpkin Muffins for the Sunday School, Bacon and Potato torte and Chick fIL A style chicken nuggets. yum!





So this is what's been happening here... Kind of a random post but hey I am a random person :)





No comments:

Post a Comment