Wednesday, September 14, 2011

a cleaning schedule that works! yes!

I used to have a pretty long list of everything I thought I needed to get done all in one day, which left me upset when I couldn't accomplish it or too tired and stressed if I did. I was trying to put too much into 24 hours... being the best Mom I could, a good Wife to my Husband when he returned home from work, did a lot for church, cooked and baked daily. It has just gotten all so overwhelming!
So this past Monday I sat down and came up with a list that I had hoped would work better. Following this has been easier then I thought and harder at the same time. It is hard for me not to do all the major housework every day but you know what, having that free time in the evenings after dinner is wonderful!!

Here is what's working for me and hopefully if there are those out there like I once was you will get some inspiration to redo your own cleaning schedule.


MONDAY

Big Laundry Day
(such as all bedding, rugs etc.)

Big Vacuuming day ( I try to do a light vacuum daily)
(I don't vacuum on the weekends so once Monday comes around it is most definitely needed!)

TUESDAY

Mopping all floors

Deep Clean Kitchen
( things such as clean out frig, a really good sweeping, comet on the sink that sort of thing)

WEDNESDAY

Deep Clean Bathroom
( Flush, Tub)

THURSDAY

Grocery Shopping Day if needed

Freezer Baking Day

FRIDAY

Laundry Day
( anything that needs to be washed for the weekend and Church on Sunday)

Dusting Day

Company Day
( prepare for dinner guests if applies)

SATURDAY

Fix up day around home

Church paperwork printing

Clean Car

EACH DAY I HAVE MY DAILY CHORES TOP 6

Dishes
Make Beds
Trash out
Bathroom Wipe Down
Sweep floors and quick vacuum
Quick kitchen wipe down

I do this early morning and whatever is on the weekly schedule for that day and then I am done! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment