Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Nightly Routine

I have to confess something... I do not like to clean my face at night.
Do I like having a clean face? oh you betcha, but NOT the time it takes to wash makeup off, moisturize, etc. I do it, and so should you. Cleaning the day off of your face is good for your skin. Plus, having quality products, products you can see improves your skin makes the effort a little more worth it.
With this being said for Christmas I received a Philosophy face kit. I also received a goody bag of face products ( woo! I was so happy) My face washing experience is much more enjoyable now. :)

So now onto my nightly routine!

Gotta put the hair up. My hair has gotten super long lately (not sure what's making it grow but I am not complaining haha) 


Next up it's exfoliating and cleansing!


Philosophy Microdelivery is amazing! It has the feeling of baking soda mixed with water, which is rough enough to make you feel it's exfoliating but not so harsh it hurts. I have super dry skin and after using most products my skin will get very tight, but after using this that has never happened. That's what I love about philosophy products, they are very moisturizing.

Next it's onto the Purity wash.
I adore this facial wash! The scent is not to strong an odor, goes on very smooth. It washes off nicely and also leaves my skin so soft!

I normally use the Microdelivery only once a day but the Purity twice.

Next after cleansing it is onto the eye cream



I received this eye cream in the goody bag I got for Christmas and LOVE IT! The results were almost immediately and I just adore this stuff! The one I have is VERY small but with only needing a small amount it will last awhile. I will be purchasing a larger one once I run out though.

After that I use my blemish cream. 



This works well. I admit I sometimes use a dab of toothpaste on the blemish but mostly use this. The scent isn't like other blemish creams... this actually doesn't have much of a scent at all. I really like that because it can be super annoying when you use these kind of creams on a zit near your nose then your stuck smelling the nasty scent all night! Thankfully after applying this, I don't have to smell it while I sleep :)

Next up is applying the moisturizers. 
I sometimes apply both but not always. Like I said my face can get super dry so on the days it's almost peeling from the harsh Maine winters I will apply both before bed.

These are my go to creams:


This is called a face lift cream. And honestly I have noticed my face looks... lifted. A little goes a long way with this stuff. Also much like the other products I use this hardly has a scent ( can you tell I am NOT a fan of scented face products... well, unless it's for the lips)

My other cream I forgot to take a picture of :( It was late. 










Let's pretend the picture is right here though haha


This is a wonderful, barely scented, goes on smooth and doesn't leave your face feeling oily face cream.
I have used this for the past two years and when I run out and do not buy right away, you notice it in the condition of my skin. It is truly hope in a jar. :)

So after my face has been cleansed, moisturized and ready for bed or the day (whichever)
I lastly apply something to my lips

 I use this when I cleanse in the morning because even though it is not as sticky as some lip glosses it is a gloss though and a little too sticky for bed.

For bedtime I like to use Two in One. I was told this was one of the inventions on Shark Tank. How cool is that?! I.LOVE.THIS.PRODUCT! It makes my lips soft and doesn't clump. It is made with beeswax, vaseline and other products but 100% natural. I received this for Christmas and it came in a box of 6 I believe. LOVE IT

So lastly I brush my teeth, brush my hair, braid my hair then get a glass of water and head to bed :)

Once in bed I apply a little hand cream


 Works very well as an overnight hand lotion. Smells nice too :)

So that is it. My nightly (and morning) routine :) 

*side note* for those who may be trying the links, once you click on them in the address bar if you delete everything before it says amazon the link will work... my blog is having issues :( I am sorry for the confusion.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I always love reading what other girls do for their nightly routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I do the face wash/exfoliant in the shower most of the time ( saves time ) and everything else is surprisingly very quick. :)

    ReplyDelete