Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A little late ...but a Christmas recap

Christmas is over I know, and I am a little late with this post, but better late then never right? ;)
This past Christmas was a very different one for us. We normally do a big church play but this year did not. We had started one but the church just did not have the funding for it and it just did not seem like the Lord wanted us to continue with it, so we didn't. I missed it but did enjoy the extra time we had to spend as a family.
Another thing that was different this year then Christmas past was that we went to a Christmas tree farm and picked out our very first real tree! It was so much fun! I was so afraid a real tree wouldn't last very long in our apartment because it gets pretty dry but it did fantastic and lasted well past Christmas day. :D
About a two weeks before Christmas we all got the flu badly and was very sick right up until Christmas Eve pretty much. It was.not.fun! It lasted for so long! We weren't really feeling up to doing much but laying down watching Christmas movies. We had things planned out on the calendar to do around Christmas but never got to them. I was sad about it at first but realized that Christmas isn't about the activities, the gifts, how much food you make or how you decorate. It is about being thankful Jesus was born to die for our sins. It's about being thankful for your love ones, and spending time with them is enough to make it a wonderful Christmas.

Here are some photos from December...

Early December we took our Church Youth Group to a Nursing Home in town we visit each December and sing carols and bring cookies. I enjoy going very much and the residents there are so welcoming and lovely.

I made 4 dozen cookies for that night. 2 dozen sugar cookies, in the shape of trees with green frosting and sprinkles. I also made pumpkin cookies with a maple frosting ( SO GOOD!)

This year for the Church's float in our towns Christmas parade we did a live nativity. It was so much fun! Though it was time consuming, I really enjoyed being crafty and working on the costumes.
As you can see I was having a bit too much fun ha ha This is me with the angels wig on.


This next photo was from Christmas Eve... we still weren't feeling the greatest but much better. We had just gotten home from the Christmas Eve service. We watched How the Grinch stole Christmas while our son played on the drums my Mom got for him.

I had a few pinecones left over from a wreath I put together for Thanksgiving as well as some ribbon so I made some pinecone ornaments. They came out adorable!

This one is from the Christmas parade. Bottom photos are a few of the costumes. The sheeps headpieces I made as well as the finalized angel head wear I made.

One of my Christmas gifts from the Hubs. I LOVE COFFEE! Isn't this mug the coolest?!
Before we all got too sick we spent a lot of nights watching movies or playing games by the light of the tree :)



Saw the idea for this on Pinterest. Isn't it cute?! The heat from the candles made the room smell like coffee... mmmm :)



The little boy and me made Muddy Buddy ( yum!) lots of ornaments for his bedroom tree and watched Christmas cartoons.

Getting our first tree!!


So that's it, this was a look at our family Christmas 2012. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I already can't wait until next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment