Sunday, January 20, 2013

Oven Cooked Bacon

















I have before on this blog professed my love for baking eggs instead of boiling them, and today I want to shout from the roof top my love of cooking bacon in the oven instead of frying it. Oh, fried bacon... what a hassle, what a mess! It makes your kitchen smell greasy, makes you feel greasy... blah I would try to get out of it whenever I could.
Now that I cook it up in the oven, I really don't mind it at all. My husband is a bacon junkie so I cook it for him often in a week.
It really is a lot more simple this way.
You just need some heavy duty aluminum foil, a cookie sheet and a baking rack.

First you line the pan with the foil, place the rack on top, add bacon and ta-da your done! Cook until desired crispness is achieved at 350.

The rack helps the grease drip off  and the foil makes for very easy clean up :)
I just roll it up and toss into the trash.

Yay Bacon!



5 comments:

  1. Wow! I'll have to try that! We are bacon lovers too, but not only do I hate the mess but also getting splatted with bacon grease. I feel like I have to cook bacon in full armor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! it's serious business cooking bacon haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try that. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!



    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to try this, only time I enjoy to cook bacon is when I can take the grill to the deck, hate the smell that lingers after.......thanks, andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. the grill? do you just cover the grill rack with aluminum foil? does it make it taste differently? I will have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete